White, long, polished slender grains of Jasmine Rice
250ml (1 cup) uncooked SPAR Basmati Rice
1 ½ litres (6 cups) water
3 – 5 ml salt
1. Rinse rice in cold water.
2. Bring water and salt to the boil. Add rice.
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Drain excess water and rinse under running water
5. Steam on low heat for 5 – 10 minutes
1. Place rice, boiling water and salt in a microwave safe dish.
2. Cook on high for 15 minutes then carefully drain the excess water, avoiding hot steam.
3. Rinse rice under cold water and microwave for 5 more minutes. Fluff rice with a fork to separate before serving.
|Nutrient||Unit||Per 100g||Per single serving||%NRV|
|Glycaemic Carbohydrate – Total||g||40||56|
|Glycaemic Carbohydrate – Sugars||g||0||0|
|Fat – Total||g||0||0|
|Fat – Saturated||g||<0||<0||Total Sodium||mg||70||98|